Posted by : Luis Zena Sep 24, 2015
"Final Fantasy IX: Alternate Fantasy is a mod aiming to increase the difficulty and, above all, to give a new experience of FF9 for those who already know the game well.
Most of modifications are gameplay related but a few of them are also scenaristical. Those are mostly dialog scenes that were deleted by the developers from the final release of the game. You’ll find the scenes from the “Hidden Dialogs” patch, but also a few others for which the only remains are the texts.
The main things now:
- Abilities, be it the player characters’ or the enemies’ ones, have been modified.
- One of the point of the mod is too enhance the statuses. Some basic spells deal statuses additionally to their damage.
- Ragtime Mouses Quizz has been refreshed
- The enemies are stronger and more resistant
- The most frustrating bug of the game has been corrected: the last Tetra Master rank displays properly
- Few weapons can be used by several characters (for instance, Dagger can use the… dagger)
- The ultimate weapons give a big boost to main characteristics (Strength, Magic, Speed and Spirit)
- Phoenix Pinions now cure Doom; they also cost and sell cheaper
- A mini-game has been re-added at the beginning of disc 3.
- Excalibur II can now be acquired by two different methods:1) Reach and beat Hades in less than 14 hours,2) Get all the treasures of the game (there are 3 little mistakes allowed) to obtain the higher treasure rank. Some particular cases don’t count (Stilzkin’s sells and Ragtime Mouses’s/Ozma/Hades rewards mainly). Kupo Nuts don’t count by themselves but all the one-time rewards count (roughly 1 per disc from disc 2). Similarly, Chocographs don’t count when you unearth them but the treasure themselves count. Also, Mimics count. In the end, that makes 404 unique treasures to find.
- And much more!"