Posted by : Luis Zena Feb 19, 2013
Here we have a very interesting gadget. It's a flash cartridge for the Famicom. It's definitely something a Famicom fan must have! It's called the Everdrive and it's so worth the 109 dollars it costs. There are a lot of other different carts for different consoles so I suggest you check them out here. Here is some info on this awesome cart as well as a compatibility chart:
- Famicom, NES, and Twin Famicom systems are supported.* Many NES/FC clones supported as well.
- Cart supports NES and FDS ROM images.
- Automatic disk side swap for FDS.
- Expansion audio.**
- Game Genie cheat code support.
- Automatically backs-up saves to microSD card. There is no need to push reset before shutting down the system.***
- Mapper support can be extended via software updates. As easy as loading new mappers files on microSD card.
- FAT / FAT16 / FAT32 file system formats are supported.
- Supports microSD (SD & SDHC) cards up to 32GB.
- Quick loading of game files (approx. 4-8 seconds).
- USB port for home-brew and mappers development (optional).
- Powerful Cyclone II FPGA.
- 2 x 512Kbyte SRAM for PRG and CHR data.
- 128Kbyte battery backed memory. It write save data to microSD.
- Max II CPLD to handle FPGA reconfiguration, BIOS, SD and USB interfaces.
- 1Mbyte flash BIOS.
- Voltage shift buffers on PPU and CPU bus for matching levels between 5v NES bus and 3.3 EverDrive bus. Far better than simple resistor buffers at reducing noise and power consumption.
* Famicom version of cart requires Famicom to NES adapter to be used with NES. NES version of cart requires NES to Famicom adapter to be used withFamicom.
** Only Famicom can output expansion sound without modification. NES systems require modification to support this feature.
*** FDS is the only exception, user should push the reset button on system to get back to main menu before than shutting down the system, otherwise FDS save data will be lost."
Be sure to check it out! Other console carts are available as well!