Posted by : Luis Zena Dec 31, 2011
Final day of the year and the news get even better! Check them out!
WinUAE v2.4.0 Beta 9
"- USB HID game controller support really works now. (HID signed value handling is a bit special) Also added pad quirks list from Linux, some game pads apparently report bad minimum and maximum range values, this also includes Logitech G13 stick which was not listed (reported range is -127 to 127, real range is 0 to 255) and this caused the b8 problem because I assumed it was supposed to work that way which of course broke other correctly working devices with negative minimum range.
- D3D and DirectDraw fullscreen mode monitor selection improved, it wasn't reliable if system had more than 1 display adapter(s). (Win32 EnumDisplayDevices(), DirectDraw and Direct3D monitor indexes are not guaranteed to be same)
- Adjusted sound buffer range, old 1 is new 2, 2 is 3, and so on. Old 7 is too big, most drivers won't accept it and new vsync can work with buffer smaller than old 1. (Buffer size "0" or "1/2" would have been too confusing..) In other words, if you load old configuration, only value shown in GUI increases by one, real buffer size does not change.
- Fixed Graffiti emulation crash in if Graffiti hires mode was detected but emulation was not configured for superhires support. (Only in some situations)
- Disable genlock detected option if A2024 or Graffiti enabled, this is impossible configuration and would only slow down emulation (forces Graffiti emulation to keep looking for command codes continuously)
- PC keyboard emulation mode, maps keys like F12, End, Home etc.. to Amiga key codes (afaik same key codes are also used by AROS, OS4 and MorphOS). Num Lock opens the GUI by default (Only remaining key that is more or less free), all other special UAE key mappings are disabled. Config file only at the moment: input.keyboard_type=pc
- Do not include "raw" display modes (marked as "!") in RTG resolution list.
- Old vsync mode is back (native only, non-fastest CPU mode compatible only)"
PCSX Reloaded SVN r73949
Check to see if the file exists before returning it in HandleBinCue."
Jpcsp SVN r2437
Fixed problems in IoFileMgrForUser introduced by r2426.
Implemented SysMemUserForUser_D8DE5C1E (seems to always return 0).
Ported SysMemUserForUser to new syscall model.
Added CpuState as parameter type for syscalls.
SysMemUserForUser_D8DE5C1E is now implemented.
sceNetAdhocMatching is loaded by PSP_MODULE_NET_ADHOC, also probably sceNetAdhocDiscover."
1964mod v1.5.0 Final
Implement common function codes for retrieving winrect & clientrect request
common function handles all placement and RECT request
remove codes duplication, cleaner and easier to read
Re-write the find index algorithm of ini entry within the ini entries array
Implement audio pause when video, input or RSP plugin configuration dialog box is opened and resume audio when configuration is done or dialog box is closed during gameplay
ensure both video image and audio are paused at the same time
Minor correction to build mempak crc
Fix Spiderman random freeze on 2nd comic cutscene
Reduce loud popping/cracking sound at the flag-off point of a Top Gear Rally race
can set SFX volume to 5 or more without the loud cracking sound
Remove speed restrain hack on DK64, Hexen & Starcraft specifically created for 1st screen corruption tempfix
dependency on 1st screen corruption tempfix no longer exist
Plugin Changes & Fixes
Re-write portion of the windowed-fullscreen switching codes
fix audio looping when switching is made during dlist or framebuffer processing e.g. TGO, Carmageddon
need further re-write on the other portions as well
Fix the 1st screen corruption caused by incorrect fb processing
remove tempfix - bypass no longer required (finally)
Remove most of existing Pokemon Puzzle League hacks except the one in:
use "Delay SI" for "Timing Control"
Fix DK64(E) missing bottom black border
Fix Mystical Ninja(U) slowdown in intro controller pak screen (now getting max VI/s)
inappropriate opening of texture buffer having a cleared image
Fix unmatch vi width
All-Star Baseball 99 - incorrect vi width on controller pak full screen (ugly screen shifting)
Bottom of the 9th - incorrect image display width (smaller than actual size)
Resident Evil 2 - incorrect image display width for high vi width using 8MB (smaller than actual size)
Super Robot Spirits - incorrect vi width at end intro dialog screen (ugly screen shifting)
Top Gear Overdrive(E) - incorrect image display width (smaller than actual size)
Fix New Tetris corrupt transition image effect
need to fix sound on transition image
Fix Derby Stallion 64 transition effect frame color blending
Kill off floating point precision error in scale factor
fix minor gap on the right and/or bottom showing image underneath
Pilot Wings(U), JFG, Shadows of the Empire, GoldenEye etc
fix minor gap on the right and/or bottom for fillrect e.g. Shadowgate
fix Pokemon Puzzle League "Mimic Mansion" moving thin line for 16:9 aspect resolution above 1280x720
fix Flying Dragon thin horizontal line on 1st screen for high 16:9 aspect resolution e.g. 1920x1080
Set "Read every frame" as default for the following games:
fix in-game TV monitor display
All-Star Baseball 99
fix in-game TV monitor display
Derby Stallion 64
fix in-game TV monitor display
Ogre Battle 64
fix transition bg image effect
fix line corruption in text box edge
fix photo album missing pokemon image
Re-write portion of the size selection codes in DrawImage
fix Super Robot Spirits intro fire scene and reduce intro ugly thin lines
Fix Mario Tennis texture buffer overflow
get rid of in-game random grey box and mini silhouette of player on upper left corner
general bugfix on closing texture
safety check e.g. 1st frame on romopen
enhance Mario Tennis hacks
speedup max VI/s by 10~20 VI/s
further speedup helps games using "Read every frame" to achieve max VI/s
Banjo-Kazooie, Body Harvest, Castlevania, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Ridge Racer
Other Changes & Fixes
Other Changes & Fixes
Update ini settings in MyROM_Properties.ini
Dolphin Git 3.0-307
"* Stubbed the /dev/usb/oh1 path. Fixes issue 4936."
"- UDisks backend for the dynamic device support.
- Polygons and geometric pens implemented in the DIB engine.
- JScript now compiles entire functions.
- Improved support for vertical fonts.
- A few more scripts in UniScribe.
- A bunch of ctype functions implemented in MSVCP.
- Various bug fixes."
MESS SVN r13790
Reverting back Tim original changes, overseen this (no whatsnew)
smsvdp.c: Fixed setting of Y1 bitmap for sprites. (nw)
smsvdp.c: Silencing register change logging. (nw)
saturn.xml: consistency. no whatsnew.
[coleco.xml] Fixed region size for set monkeyp1, unsure why it doesn't work, though. (nw)
alphatro: corrected colour palette. (no whatsnew)"
Stella SVN r2317
Fixed bug in 'fixed debug colors' for playfield graphics;
it should always display the playfield colour, even if it would normally use P0/P1 colours in normal mode."
Altirra 2.1 Test 6
WinArcadia & AmiArcadia v17.4
"* Memory editor: "View as characters" option.
* Improved BIOS comment support.
* Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes."
- Version 1.5.1 fixed dpad/coin button portrait responsiveness, fixed tilted games using gl video render.
- Version 1.5 added new landscape customizable button layout control, added tilt sensor as left/right.
November 27, 2011:
- Version 1.4 added local multiplayer (using external IME app as Wiimote Controller or equivalent), added option to change default rom path, fixed emulator thread being suspended when emulator paused.
October 28, 2011:
- Version 1.3.1 added new OpenGL ES video render option (much faster render even with image filters), scanlines or CRT like overlay filters,
CPU ASM core selector per game, fixed battery drain when paused...
October 22, 2011:
- Version 1.2 added Analog or DPAD touch control (selectable), iCade+ICP support, vibrate on keypress, more scaling options, fixed cheats.
September 13, 2011:
- Version 1.1. Speed boost in low-end devices. Added ASM 68xxx & z80 ASM Cores. Minor Bug Fixes.
September 12, 2011:
- Version 1.0.2. Minor Bug Fixes. Improve Honeycomb HW acceleration responsiveness .
September 10, 2011:
- Version 1.0.1. Minor Bug Fixes. WiiMoteController Remapping Fixed.
September 7, 2011:
- Version 1.0. First version.
MAME4droid is a version of iMAME4all (iPhone, iPad) for Android, all of them developed by David Valdeita (Seleuco), port of MAME 0.37b5 emulator by Nicola Salmoria and TEAM, and it is based on GP2X, WIZ MAME4ALL 2.5 by Franxis.
MAME4droid emulates arcade games supported by original MAME 0.37b5 plus some additional games from newer MAME versions.
This version emulates over 2000 different romsets. (see at the end of document for a list of games that could work).
Please, try to understand that that with that amount of games, some will run better than others and some might not even run with MAME4droid.
Please, don't email me asking for a specific game to run.
Owners of older devices should not expect good performance. Tips to help performance: use lower quality sound or switch it off, use 8 bit depth, underclock the CPU and Sound CPUs. Disable stick and buttons animations and disable smooth scaling also.
After installing, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/roms folder.
MAME4droid uses only '0.37b5 - 0.37b11 mame romset'. Use "clrmame.dat". Use "clrmame.dat" file included in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/ to convert romsets from other MAME versions to the ones used by this version, using ClrMAME Pro utility, available in this URL:
MAME4droid will never have "save states" since it is based on a MAME version that does not support it.
Official web page for news, source code & additional information:
Support for 2.1 and upper Android devices.
Native support for Android Honeycomb tablets.
Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) 2D Hardware Accelerated.
HW Keys remapping.
Touch Controller can be shown/hidden.
Overlay Filters, scalines, CRT..
Digital or Analog touch selectable.
Animated touch stick or DPAD.
Button Layout customizable control.
iON's iCade and iCP (as iCade mode) external controllers supported.
Wiimote support using WiiCrotroller Market app.
Tilt Sensor as left/right.
1 to 6 buttons optionally shown.
Options for video aspect ratio, scaling, rotate.
Adjustable CPU, Audio clock."